13 Apr 2013

Day out in Arran

On Saturday the 6th April we all went a wee trip to Arran minus husband who was working and my sister Emma who stayed with the Westie two.  It was a great day, we walked all the way to Brodick Castle, me fed some ducks, ran from some geese and had some tea and scones on the way back.  

Here is some of the photos from our lovely day.

The view from The Arran Ferry just before we left the harbour

Family photo on the Ferry. 

 Brodick Harbour
 Goat Fell

Time out for a little knitting while others played crazy golf. 
 The Arran Ferry again from further along Brodick.

 The kids sneaking off down the rocks hoping that I haven't saw them.
On our way to Brodick Castle there was a bit where you could feed the ducks for 50p.  We thought we would stop and feed the cute wee ducks.
 A few ducks having a wee kiss.
Then quite a few more ducks appeared. 
Then a big noisy goose and its pal appeared.  Mum held her hand
out to it with some duck food but it wasnt quite as friendly as the ducks were and we now know it has teeth. 
We were alright as long as the geese were behind the fence but
one worked out how to get beyond the fence.  It was time to leave at that point. 

 Hey!!!!  Arran Aromatics.  Music to my ears.
Of course it would have been rude not to go in to  Arran Aromatics.  I bought a lovely hand soother for my sandpaper hands and im pleased to say its sort of working. It was Grapefruit and Cardamon.  I also bought baby barrier cream for my hands as I have heard its quite good for irritable hands.
 These were outside the Arran Cheese Shop.
I suppose you could assume this belongs to the cheese shop/

 Down the big slide together.
 Grouse Spotted!
More Goat Fell.  The views were really quite stunning.

More feeding the ducks.  They were so friendly and greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment